[digiKam-users] Moving photos and database files

noname at fastmail.net noname at fastmail.net
Wed May 13 14:56:16 BST 2020

Greetings,

Linux Mint with 6.4.0 Appimage, I have my photos (230GB) and database files on one hard drive. I would like to MOVE the photos and database files to the cloud (pCloud specifically) but am concerned that I might lose 20 years worth of tags or other photo information.

Any suggestion for the best way to move everything to the cloud? It seems like I could copy everything there, including the database files, start digikam and point it to the cloud folder. /home/jay/pictures ---> /home/jay/pCloudDrive/pictures . Could it be that simple?

Thank you and best wishes,

Jay Rutherford