[digiKam-users] Digikam and Darktable

digikam at 911networks.com digikam at 911networks.com
Tue May 12 21:40:04 BST 2020

DK 6.4.0 appimage and DT 3.0.2 (Manjaro/KDE)

I use DK as my DAM and I starting to use Darktable.

I select my image in DK > right click > open with > darktable and it
works.

I finish my processing in Darktable, I close Darktable while keeping
Digikam open. I do a "bunch of stuff", find another image > right
click > open with: > darktable. And it hangs on the start of Darktable.

When I look at the process table, I can see that the process
darktable exist. I have to kill it. I have to close Digikam, restart
digikam, then I can send the selected image to darktable.

1. Am I doing something wrong?
2. Is there a better way of communicating between DT and DK?
3. Should I import the images/albums in DK and then again in DT?

Thanks

--
sknahT

vyS