[digiKam-users] sqlite database albumroot migration?

Peter Teuben teuben at gmail.com
Tue May 5 15:56:16 BST 2020

Is there a tool by which one can take a particular album (tree of
pictures) from one disk to another. [or point from a new digikam4.db to
this location].

Presumable I need to:

     1) copy the data

     2) take the appropriate album and albumroot from one digikam4.db to
the new one

I'm only talking about the sqlite option now, is there a known
example/recipe for this?

I'm also skipping the thumbnails-digikam.db and recognition.db for now.

I did some (unfinished) work in python2 for this some years ago, and now
have a reason to work on this, which means python3 and add functions I
never did implement.

- peter