[digiKam-users] Migration to MySQL

Ray Liggett liggettray at gmail.com
Tue May 5 06:27:39 BST 2020

I have a large collection of photos and would like to migrate to MySQL Internal Server. I have MariaDB installed and have located the required files in the migration assistant. However I get the message “Internal server is not used and is not active”. Looking at previous queries here I gather that the internal server must already be started when I open the migration dialog.

I do not know how to do that and can find no documentation on how to do so. Is there more info somewhere explaining how to do it - in simple terms!

Ray