[digiKam-users] FYI: installation succeeded, program failed to run

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Sun May 3 19:38:19 BST 2020

I had a similar issue when tried to open a HEIC file with Showfoto from File Explorer although there was no error if I opened Showphoto first and then opened the file from there.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: James Orr <james.orr at orrenterprises.us> Date: 2020-05-03  12:34 p.m.  (GMT-07:00) To: "digikam-users-group--kde.org" <digikam-users at kde.org> Subject: [digiKam-users] FYI: installation succeeded, program failed to run
Well, optimism reigns. Success is still in the wings.
The install of 7.0.0-rc for Win 64 did complete. When I actually ran the program, I got four error messages.
The code execution cannot proceed because *.* was not found:

libdigikamcore.dlllibdigikamdatabase.dlllibdigikamgui.dlllibgcc_s_sch-1.dll

I looked in the bin folder and the missing files were there.
So I reinstalled 7.0.0-beta2 and will not reinstall until there is a 7.0.0-beta3 or the full release later in the year.
--
James M. Orr

2705 E Sussex Way
Fresno CA 93726
I sincerely wish each of you, your family, friends, contacts, community the best of health in these times of pestilence and disease. There is no foreseeable end to proximity-distancing, and with that a concomitant need for social glue.