[digiKam-users] FYI: installation succeeded, program failed to run

James Orr james.orr at orrenterprises.us
Sun May 3 19:33:38 BST 2020

Well, optimism reigns. Success is still in the wings.
The install of 7.0.0-rc for Win 64 did complete. When I actually ran the program, I got four error messages.
The code execution cannot proceed because *.* was not found:

  *   libdigikamcore.dll
  *   libdigikamdatabase.dll
  *   libdigikamgui.dll
  *   libgcc_s_sch-1.dll

I looked in the bin folder and the missing files were there.
So I reinstalled 7.0.0-beta2 and will not reinstall until there is a 7.0.0-beta3 or the full release later in the year.
--
James M. Orr

2705 E Sussex Way

Fresno CA 93726

I sincerely wish each of you, your family, friends, contacts, community the best of health in these times of pestilence and disease. There is no foreseeable end to proximity-distancing, and with that a concomitant need for social glue.