[digiKam-users] Camera and lens ID failing for lens correction

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 10:30:41 GMT 2020

Hi Marc,

The digiKam official package that you use must certainly be compiled
with the official release of Lensfun library which provide Lens
database.

Help/Component Info dialog will give you the right LensFun version
used inside. If it's 0.3.2, this is the last version published
officially by LensFun team few years ago !

With the Linux AppImage bundle that we compile digiKam with last
LensFun code where the Lens database is maintained well. The problem
is the non release plan from Lensfun.

https://lensfun.github.io/

So, just download the official digiKam Linux AppImage and try again.

Best

Gilles Caulier