[digiKam-users] Failed to rename Album

Alan H webaccounts at live.com
Tue Mar 24 22:23:34 GMT 2020

Hello,

My albums are generally organized as follows:

Collection (year)>Parent Album (mm month)>Child Album (dd day)

The parent albums are named 01 Jan to 12 Dec and I would like to add a location description. When I rename a parent album I get a “Failed to rename Album” error. This happens whether right clicking the selected album for “properties” or “rename”, or from the Menu bar>Albums>properties/rename or from Shift+F2. I can rename a child album but only if it is the lowest order (last) child. I can rename an parent album/folder in Windows Explorer and the change appears in digiKam but this is an awkward solution.

I’m running digiKam 6.3.0 on Windows 10 and the folders (albums) are located on both a local hard drive and a locally attached USB drive.

Any solutions or suggestions? Thanks for helping with this inquiry.

Alan