[digiKam-users] How to copy the caption to many, many images

NoCharlyGaul awm03 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 20 23:49:46 GMT 2020

Something to look for: the caption box should say "Enter caption text here"
in faint gray letters.  Sometimes, though, the caption box is completely
blank, so when you try to enter text in it, the caption will  not be
centered correctly in the thumbnail. Clicking on the X clears the caption
box so that "Enter caption text here" shows up again, & the formatting will
be correctly centered.  Also make sure your text entry starts at the very
beginning of the Caption box.

Another thing: make sure your language preference is set correctly.  When I
first started captioning pictures, sometimes the language was set to
English, other times it was set to Default.  Changing from one to the other
makes the caption "disappear."  Now I just make sure the language is always
set to Default. (Unfortunately now I need to go back and correct many photos
that were entered with the language set to English).

<http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/file/t376944/Caption2.jpg>