[digiKam-users] Where to find album thumbnails

daniel bip daniel.mail.public at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 21:26:18 BST 2020

Hi there,

I'm coding a simple script in python which is supposed to send the
thumbnail of each album by e-mail to a given address. But I'm getting crazy
understanding where to look for that thumbnail.

I'm running digikam on sqlite files, and from what I've seen thumbnails
might be stored in file "thumbnails-digikam.db", table "Thumbnails" field
"Data" (blob field?), where they are listed by the same id which appears in
"digikam4.db", table "albums" field "icon".

If so, I don't have anything in there... where should I look for that icon?

Thanks in advance :-)

BR,

d.