[digiKam-users] Problematic handling of file name conflicts when moving files

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 14:18:40 BST 2020

We know the problematic, there is also a bug report and the desire for a
dialog. Personally, I have no problems with the current way of working, nor
do I like the constant dialogues that ask for anything. We introduced it
when renaming files. However, users have actually asked where their
overwritten files are. We are now moving them to the trash beforehand. I
would be in the target folder for a simple automatic renaming...

Maik