[digiKam-users] --> Tunning Face Recgnition

marcpalaus at hotmail.com marcpalaus at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 25 20:47:32 BST 2020

I remember there is a slider to adjust the sensitivity/specificity (more
false positives/more false negatives) in the detection. But that won't
improve the recognition by much (settings between 60 and 80 worked best
for me). The fact is that the recognition only works well under certain
conditions (a group of well defined faces looking to the camera, and
without too many people to choose from). It seems that it will be
improved during this summer as one of the projects for the Google Summer
of Code 2020, so if it goes well, we may see the results by the end of
the year.

Oh, and it's a know issue. If you delete a face rectangle, and run the
detection again, it will be detected once again. There's a feature under
development (again, summer of code) which will add an "Ignored" category
that would solve this.

So I am optimist that in the future both issues will improve.

El 25/6/20 a les 21:29, Alex Antão ha escrit: