[digiKam-users] Cannot move or delete HEIF/HEIC photos

Thomas D sdktda at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 14:51:47 BST 2020

Hi,

I am using digikam on Windows 10.
While it can open HEIF images just fine I cannot seem to move or delete
these files.
When I try to move a HEIF file it fails saying:
Could not move PATH_X to album PATH_Y.

When I try to delete a HEIF image it says: Could not move XXX to collection
Trash.

While I can understand that there might lack some functionality in
modifying HEIF files, I do not understand why digikam cannot move or delete
the actual files. If I do this in a file manager it works just fine so it
is not a permissions problem or something related to the actual file not
being possible to move.

BR
Thomas