[digiKam-users] Help with scripts

Peter Teuben teuben at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 04:40:15 BST 2020

David

     I  used to have albums from Picasa, and each album had a little
descriptor file, so I wind up writing a python script that looked for
that file and stuffed it into the appropriate field of the digikam4.db
file. But this only covers the album caption. not each photo. Since I
store them inside the JPG, they carried over easily :-)

My script can  be easily modified to use this album title in the
tag/.... of each image in that album, I've not tried that, but looking
at the code, this is straightforward.

If you use the sidecab files (which i don't), it might even be easier,
since you an create those files with python quite easily. Here's a page
that might help you getting started https://www.fastrawviewer.com/node/646

this way you don't need to play with the db file, but for each JPG you
create a JPG.xmp file.

peter