[digiKam-users] Face tag workflow

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 14:54:41 BST 2020

Le lun. 1 juin 2020 à 15:13, David Griffiths
<david at digitalgraphics.com.au> a écrit :

> The future looks promising then.
>
> If the students need some ideas, I would suggest having a close look at Picasa3 (it can still be downloaded). Its workflow seems quite intuitive.  When it presents an 'Unconfirmed' detection, you have two buttons: 'Confirm' and 'Reject' - there is also a 'Not a Picture' button in there somewhere.
>
> It also does more detection on the fly - when you confirm a detection, it then offers you more unconfirmed possibilities.
>
> What is the timescale on these students?

Students already work on these face management topics, one on GUI,
another one on engine (AI based clustering of face tags).

The Google Summer of code event will be closed at en of August 2020.
In septemeber will working to rebase students branches to master and
prepare a future major release as beta. The plan, as usual is to
publish a finalized version for Christmas

Best

Gilles Caulier