[digiKam-users] Face tag workflow

David Griffiths david at digitalgraphics.com.au
Mon Jun 1 04:43:33 BST 2020

I am new to digiKam and still getting to understand the details. I have a few
questions regarding editing face tags.

Questions:

- when viewing an unconfirmed thumbnail (green border), what is the purpose of the
'-' in a circle at top left, the 'x' in a circle at top right and the '-' on a bottom at bottom
right?

It seems the top right and '-' button are the same - they have the same tooltip.

- sometimes the top left has '+' instead of '-'. This depends on whether the
thumbnail is selected or not. ??

- if a thumbnail is not the person that is suggested and I don't know who it is,
I can't  find a way to put the thumbnail back into the 'Unknown' category.  I
don't want to mark it as 'not a face'.  This is what I would expect the '-' button
to do but it says it marks the face as 'not a face'.

- am finding that the accuracy is not as good as I am used to ( I am comparing it to
Picasa which I have been using for years).  I have played with the 'Face Accuracy'
setting. Hopefully the OpenCV library will just keep getting better. Is digiKam
compiled with the latest OpenCV 4.3.0?

Cheers,
DG