[digiKam-users] a wild idea or wish

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Mon Jul 27 21:48:14 BST 2020

I have no idea if this is possible, if the necessary AI exits
opensource, but as there is face-recognition in digikam, I dare to throw
in my idea:

google, facebook and others can recognize the contents of images. If
it's a house, a portrait, a beach, a tree, if male/female, if she has
nipples or if cheeks are visible (no joke, both facebook and google can
and do - with lots of errors, though),  etc.

Would it be possible that digikam can analyze and categorize images and
make them searchable by content? So that they are searchable by content.

That would be fantastic. Imagine!
--
Daniel Bauer photographer Basel Málaga
https://www.patreon.com/danielbauer