[digiKam-users] Renaming lots of photo filenames (using convmv). Best practice?

jdd at dodin.org jdd at dodin.org
Wed Jul 15 07:38:17 BST 2020

Le 14/07/2020 à 22:50, Jens Benecke a écrit :

> But I am a little hesitant to rename >>100 photos using this tool.
>

> I use XMP sidecars for all files which then will also be renamed. Do
> these contain all metadata?

is it on Linux or Windows?

I have no experience on Windows with digiKam, but on Linux I'm pretty
sure digiKam use file inode ID (dunno the exact name), not name, because
you can easily test on a special folder than renaming with the OS is
immediately visible in digiKam

of course, the wmp file have to be renamed also

else, use que batch digiKam system :-)

jdd

--
http://dodin.org