[digiKam-users] Offline mode

Peter Teuben teuben at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 20:44:04 BST 2020

Andrey

here's my experience:

     as long as you register your collection as being Removable, it
should work. The problem happens when it's wrong, and when DK then
starts, you loose all thumbnail (and maybe more). If your collection(s)
are big, this could be an overnight process to sync back up to get a
database that's working again.

So I've learned how to get into sqlitebrowser and make a collection part
of the Removables, instead of on the Local collections. I personally
don't have any of Network Shares though.

peter