[digiKam-users] --> DK Loosing Database (part of it)

Alex Antão alex at familiaturista.com.br
Tue Jul 7 15:05:02 BST 2020

Hi,

  This is not the first time.

  I don't know why, neither I can force reproduce.

  DK sometimes looses all my library from database.  Yesterday, It was recognizing the faces from my library, it was very slow and I closed it (nicely).

  When I opened again, all Library structure was empty, it started to find all photos again.

   Information like Tags and people are shown (the people includes the number of photos with each people), but no photos os even the structure (albums) are on the library.

    I have a MacBook Pro, and my library is located on a NAS. Even if the connection is lost sometime, I don't think DK should clean all DB and start from zero. It is configured as a network device, so DK should be aware that the Library can sometime be unavailable. My library is huge and it will take a long long time to scan all again... this is very frustrating.

     Is there a way to recover it ?

Regards...