[digiKam-users] Digikam 6.4.0 do not support XMP sidecar from Mac OS Photos ?

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 11:39:48 GMT 2020

This option activates then also write sidecar as BASENAME.xmp, the standard
for digiKam would be BASENAME.EXT.xmp. DigiKam reads both formats
automatically. Further checks for upper case XMP extensions would further
reduce the speed, especially on network drives. In this case we would have to
check for 4 variants. I think we'll leave it in the lower case.

Maik