[digiKam-users] Organize a "smart"" group in DigiKam

roshum2 at gmail.com roshum2 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 19:42:04 GMT 2020

I use DigiKam to organize my photographs. These photographs are placed in
folders, most of the time on monthly basis.

Recently I went on holiday and made a lot of photographs. These photographs
are in several sub folders (one folder for each family member).

Since there are more than 5000 photographs I want to make a sub selection.
So far I found 2 options:

*	Create a new album and copy or move the selected photographs.
Drawback is that or photographs are doubled or moved. Both are unwanted.
*	Add a tag to the selected photographs, such that collection can be
filtered. Drawback is that you have at least 2 different filter
options/actions.

What I'm looking for is that a new album is created and that a reference is
made to a selected photograph. Something like this exists in Lightroom.

Does this functionality exist in DigiKam?