[digiKam-users] Comparing jpg files in directories with subdirectories to remove duplication etc.

Budge ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Sat Dec 5 15:44:39 GMT 2020

The background to this request for help is that I have two sets of images which may in fact be the same but have been downloaded differently from camera or copied from camera and/or memory card and transferred.  I now have to sort them out!

Certainly some of the pictures appear to be the same but I have no idea which is the "best" in terms of resolution and completeness of original camera metadata.  I have several hundred files to deal with.

I know that digiKam can help here but would appreciate some help in doing this please as I am very new to digikam.
Budge