[digiKam-users] "Finding new items" stalls, mysql db keeps stopping

leoutation at gmx.fr leoutation at gmx.fr
Sat Apr 25 20:36:07 BST 2020

On 4/25/20 7:13 PM, woenx wrote:
> To be honest, I don't really know the advantages of using MySQL or SQLite in
> digikam. I my case I use SQLite, which was the default option.
>
> If you delete the database file, digikam will recreate it from scratch. And
> obviously, you'll have to re-scan all the contents of your collection which
> can take a while. But in case the database structure has been corrupted or
> something, it's the easiest option.

Hi
- External Mariadb / mysql  allows to share images with network
- Mariadb  is faster, mainly with many big image files
- in very rare corruption cases, it's easy to repare mariadb, in short
time. No need to recreate db.
- mariadb is safer, easy to backup or clone with integrated tool
"mariabackup"

--
Maderios