[digiKam-users] Import: There is rating but no filter function

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Mon Apr 13 11:21:57 BST 2020

On lundi 13 avril 2020 11:46:08 CEST CD wrote:
> Hi and Happy Easter to the great Digikam community!
>
> While importing from the SDcard I want to rate directly and download
> only the ones i want. The rating is possible but no filter function to
> show the rated files. JPEG and RAW together Since i want to download both.
>
> To be able to rate i would like to see the full 100% image or at least a
> part of the image in 100%. That would speed up my importing and avoid
> too many images of a series where I want only the one that is sharp ...
>

> Best regards
>
> Christian Graesser
>
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/flowerphotoyear/

You realise that displaying (part of) an image @ 100% implies (down-)loading
the whole image? You might still avoid downloading all the raw files, but the
gain is less than you probably expect. In addition, displaying @ 100%  would
only work for jpegs, unless you also want a raw workflow in the import module.

Also, filtering in other digikam modules uses the database. And images aren't
in the database until they are imported/downloaded.

Remco