[digiKam-users] "Reset hidden grouping" context menu item?

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 20:35:35 BST 2019

The hint in the status bar now gives the user the opportunity to see why not
all images are visible. We often have bug reports where users do not yet
understand that active versioning can hide files. We then get a bug report
with the content that digiKam displays only 9 images although there are 10 in
the directory.

The story with the grouping is complicated. We have a bug report where the
user does not want grouping over album boundaries possible. But I see that you
are using it and that was also my answer in the bug report that users are
using it quite well.

That the images of a closed group are not visible, is so intentional. Even if
the group leader is in another album. The virtual search albums here may be
different behavior.

So with this option, the user now has the opportunity to make the images in an
unwanted grouping on album boundaries, this now again visible. Without first
looking for the group leader or change the database.

That the option in the context menu only appears when we recognize a diffrenz
of images in the album for display, we can discuss.

Maik