[digiKam-users] Sharing Database/Collections

tsader t_sader at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 18 20:28:02 BST 2019

I am not very familiar with Git-annex but I gave it another try with my way.
Also there doesn't seem to be a Mojave version

I have the Digikam databases on my Desktop and Albums/collection folders on
Desktop too.
Then I use Chronosync to backup both to my Laptop.

On my laptop, I open Digikam and in preferences, I have to link the
collections to the new location on my laptop.
Again, I make my changes, backup to my Dekstop.

It works fine except of course that I always have to change the location of
the collections in the preferences.
Which is ok I suppose.

The only downside is that if you delete a thumbnail and you keep it in the
digikam trash folder and then sync everything back to the other platform,
you won't see the change. You will see the same thumbnail in the collection
because it is linked to the new collection folder.

So one has to immediately delete the image permanently or things will become
confusing