[digiKam-users] Moving Albums and DBs

tsader t_sader at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 6 18:28:20 BST 2019

I would like to find out what the best way is to move my Albums and
databases.

The albums folders/collections need to be moved to an internal HDD. The
Digikam Databases are on my main/OS SDD drive.

My question:

What's the best way to move my Albums to another drive without losing any of
my Tags or other settings and without causing confusion for Digikam?

Should I move the databases as well with Albums or would it be better/faster
more stable if I left it on the SSD drive?

I need to move the Albums because of the size, the DBs can go wherever.

Thx