[digiKam-users] Unable to view any photo information at all

Alphie Garcia alphie at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 01:27:21 BST 2019

Hello to the Digikam listserv,

I'm having some trouble after installing Digitam on my Windows 10 laptop
and haven't been able to resolve it after reading through the help files. I
think I may have made a mistake when I initially set up via the Wizard by
choosing to have the database install on my external hard drive where my
photos are stored.

The problem:
When launching the program, there is a list of album info on the left-hand
side of the screen and clicking on any of those albums doesn't show the
contents of the album. I basically can't view any data from my external
hard drive in the program other than the list of album names.

What I've tried:
I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program multiple times, trying first
64 bit then 32 bit. I notice that whatever I do, the program always saves
files into the external hard drive so there's something left over when I do
the uninstall so that when I reinstall, that path is still there. I've
tried to use Revo Uninstaller to delete whatever registry files that may be
causing that but no matter what I do it still points to that directory, and
I don't even know if that's the cause of the problem to begin with. I've
also tried to migrate the database away from the external hard drive and
that didn't resolve anything. Little at a loss. Hopefully it's something
I'm doing obviously wrong.

Thanks in advance.