[digiKam-users] Avoid full rescan if a network collection isn't available?

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 14:18:49 BST 2019

I don't think digiKam crashed. Network drives are way slower than local ones so it just takes a very long time to scan them.It took mine 12 to 18 hours to re-add a 500Gb collection yesterday.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Alex Antão <alex at familiaturista.com.br> Date: 2019-10-22  5:31 a.m.  (GMT-07:00) To: digiKam - Home Manage your photographs as a professional with the power of open source <digikam-users at kde.org> Subject: Re: [digiKam-users] Avoid full rescan if a network collection isn't available? I don't know if this is related, but....In my Mac, I have been exporting my photos to my external HD.I mounted it on /Volumes/FOTOS, and exported a lot os files there. Configured this directory as a network drive in Digikam and also to watch this for external changes.Then, I quit Digikam, unplugged the drive and plugged it on my Time Capsule. Then shared the drive over network and mounted back in my Mac on the same directory: /Volumes/FOTOSWhen I started Digikam, it stopped loading on splashscreen and kept this for hours. Never fully loaded. Then, I forced it to finish, umounted the Volume and loded Digikam again. It loaded with the DB fully loaded, didn't cleaned it and rescanned again.Then, for one more test, I mount the network drive back again, but Digikam stopped watch the directory for external changes, I added and removed files but digikam didn't see those changes.---- Ativado Ter, 22 out 2019 03:25:38 -0300  <jdd at dodin.org> escreveu ----Le 22/10/2019 à 02:13, Andrey Goreev a écrit : > For some reason the collection was marked as 'local'. I am not sure how > did that happen. I am pretty positive I chose 'network' when was adding it.  some time again (may be some years) removable collections where marked local at some point.  I dunno if it's still the case, probably not, but don't remember when the fix was done  jdd   -- http://dodin.org