[digiKam-users] image rotation

Peter Albrecht peter at crazymonkeys.de
Tue Oct 8 17:07:18 BST 2019

Hello list,

On 08.10.19 11:20, jdd at dodin.org wrote:
> I don't think so, specially because as soon as I changed this setup, all worked
> fine, no more 180° rotation when -90° is required...
>
> it's a very old problem I solved by using gwenview to make the rotation, so I
> guess it's something pretty naked is some part of the code, may be in exiv2?

I am still using digiKam version 5.9.0 (Debian Stretch). With this version, I am
hit by this problem, too:

When I click "Item" > "Rotate" > "Right", the picture is not rotated -90° but
180°. Interestingly, using "Item" > "Auto Rotate/Flip Using Exif Information",
the pictures are rotated correctly. ;)
So having imported all images from camera, the first thing I do is: "select all"
+ "Auto Rotate..."

Maybe this helps in your case, too.

Regards,
	Peter