[digiKam-users] How to find where metadata is stored?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Sun Oct 6 12:14:55 BST 2019

I have a few images that cause a (minor) error about their IPTC data
in a static gallery generator program (sigal).

When I look at them in Digikam (I'm running the 6.3 appimage in Linux)
I really don't understand what I'm looking at when I select "Edit
Metadata" in the Item menu.

How can I tell whether the metadata I am looking at is in the database
or the image?  ... *and* how can I 'synchronise' the metadata in the
iamge and the database in a way that ensures I don't lose any data?

As it is Digikam is showing a Title:  for these images in the
Description section on the right hand side of the main window but I
can't find this title anywhere in the "Edit Metadata" pop-up window.
So where is this title I can see stored?

--
Chris Green
ยท