[digiKam-users] DK inquiry

digikam at 911networks.com digikam at 911networks.com
Wed Nov 20 20:35:51 GMT 2019

On Wed, 20 Nov 2019 13:54:24 -0600 (CST)
woenx <marcpalaus at hotmail.com> wrote:

> By "the stuff" I guess you mean the metadata. And by the "XMPs" I
> guess you mean sidecar files.

Thanks for correcting my English. English not my first, nor second
language...

Yes, I mean sidecars with the XMP data like tags and descriptions.
The EXIF data is already in the raw file.

> If you don't use XMP sidecars, the metadata will either be saved
> within each picture file, or not saved at all (depending on your
> digikam settings).

* Are the XMP sidecars "standard" (whatever standard means, I'm not
  sure)?
* Do all imaging software read the XMP sidecars?
* Can they all read the tags and the descriptions  from the XMP
  sidecars?

--
sknahT

vyS