[digiKam-users] Sidecars only for video files?

woenx marcpalaus at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 11 18:51:24 GMT 2019

Hi Gilles and Joram, thanks for your answers.

I occasionally enable the "Write to XMP sidecar for read-only items" when I
am about to tag video files, but I was wondering if there was some advanced
option to filter by file extension, but now I see there isn't.

In my particular case, some times I've given wrong permissions to a folder,
some pictures have become read-only, and sidecars have been created instead
of writing to the picture metadata without me realizing. Which is the exact
purpose of that option, I know, but I only wanted to enable sidecars for
videos since, by their nature, their metadata can not be modified (or even
RAW files).

In any case, it's not a big deal.