[digiKam-users] Folder creation on import- timestamp mapping

info at tonyb.id.au info at tonyb.id.au
Sat Nov 9 20:31:00 GMT 2019

On 5/11/19 7:14 pm, Remco Viëtor wrote:
> On lundi 4 novembre 2019 13:59:16 CET Tony Bazeley wrote:
>> I'm having trouble with the auto creation of folders/albums on import.
>> The problem is the mapping of the exif creation date to the folder name.
>> For example an image with an exif timestamp of 4/11/2019 17:42 ACDT
>> (Australian Central Daylight Savings Time) is mapped to a folder
>> 5/11/2019, whereas images taken earlier in the day (I think before about
>> 15:00) are mapped as expected.
>>
>> Is there a setting to control folder creation mapping on import?
>>
>> Using Digikam 5.9.0 on Kubuntu 19.04
>>
>> Thanks
>> Tony
> That seems to be working the wrong way around, unless your camera is
> set to
> local time, while *thinking* it is set to UTC.
>
> UTC is 10.5h behind ACDT. So if you read 4/11/2019 17:42, and
> interpret that
> as UTC, the local computer (which shows ACDT) will change the time from
> "4/11/2019 17:42 UTC" to "5/11/2019 4:12 ACDT".
>
> Remco

Good thinking Remco - I've checked the EXIF creation date with Gwenview
and Imagemagic - and everything checks out OK.
The problem exists  with both my Lumix TZ-220, and an Aldi  wild life camera
Digikam's date tab also works correctly

The problem seems to be limited to the folder creation component of the
import facility

Tony