[digiKam-users] Folder creation on import- timestamp mapping

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Tue Nov 5 08:44:31 GMT 2019

On lundi 4 novembre 2019 13:59:16 CET Tony Bazeley wrote:
> I'm having trouble with the auto creation of folders/albums on import.
> The problem is the mapping of the exif creation date to the folder name.
> For example an image with an exif timestamp of 4/11/2019 17:42 ACDT
> (Australian Central Daylight Savings Time) is mapped to a folder
> 5/11/2019, whereas images taken earlier in the day (I think before about
> 15:00) are mapped as expected.
>
> Is there a setting to control folder creation mapping on import?
>
> Using Digikam 5.9.0 on Kubuntu 19.04
>
> Thanks
> Tony

That seems to be working the wrong way around, unless your camera is set to
local time, while *thinking* it is set to UTC.

UTC is 10.5h behind ACDT. So if you read 4/11/2019 17:42, and interpret that
as UTC, the local computer (which shows ACDT) will change the time from
"4/11/2019 17:42 UTC" to "5/11/2019 4:12 ACDT".

Remco