[digiKam-users] Showing the tags of the currently selected item

Dougie Nisbet dougie at katsura.uk
Sun Nov 3 19:50:22 GMT 2019

Is there a way to show the tags of the currently selected item? I've
come across a couple of methods:

1. In thumbnail view the tag appears over the thumbnail. This works fine
for a couple of short tags, but if there are many tags, or they are
long, the taglist is terminated with trailing ellipses.

2. By hovering the mouse over the thumbnail I can get the tags. This
tends to be the method I use.

By opening up the tag manager I can see ticks against the tags I have
used, but this is not an at-a-glance useful.

I use hierarchical tags a lot for botanical naming and they can be
pretty long. I'm just checking if there's any other method of having a
taglist for the currently selected item that I've missed. Currently
using the hover method is the most useful.

Dougie