[digiKam-users] Face detection not working in new 7.0.0 beta?

woenx marcpalaus at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 2 01:02:42 GMT 2019

Hello everyone,

I just tried the new 7.0.0 appimage
(digikam-7.0.0-git-20191101T035036-x86-64.appimage), and I found out that
the face detection feature is not working at all. It seems to be something
related to the appimage build, since the version I compiled last week of the
7.0.0 version worked just fine.

I also made sure to rename the recognition and similarity databases because
they can interfere with the new algorithm (although that should only affect
face recognition, not detection)

In the console, I see this line repeated literally thousands of times:

unknown: Numeric mode unsupported in the posix collation implementation