[digiKam-users] Oops: removing Akonadi

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat May 11 04:24:28 BST 2019

Hi,

On all my computers running Linux, i use Plasma desktop.

Akonadi is always removed (not only disabled) for performance. I never
use Akonadi.

In digiKam, there is a very small code to be able to get contact names
from Akonadi database to tag photos.
It just a contents populated from context menu in tag tree view.

This code is annotated as experimental and optional at compilation
configuration stage. It has never works here (not only because i
remove Akonadi).

Typically, this code must be removed definitivelyfrom digiKam (it's my
viewpoint). I don't understand why packagers enable this option in
digiKam, as it's a bad idea.

In AppImage, this option is never compiled of course.

An alternative is to recompile yourself digiKam.

https://www.digikam.org/api/index.html#externaldeps

Best

Gilles Caulier