[digiKam-users] How to set "Basic Options" and "Scanner Specific Options"

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Fri May 10 13:34:46 BST 2019

 Hi Maderios,
Thanks for your advice.

I have tried XSane for more than one week scanning film negatives but the result was not good.  VueScan works for me here and the images are very nice.  I wonder whether there is an alternation in Open Source.
RegardsSL

    On Friday, May 10, 2019, 8:26:15 PM GMT+8, <leoutation at gmx.fr> wrote:

 On 5/10/19 1:38 PM, Stephen Liu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> DigiKam is complete new to me.  I'm running it to scan film negatives on
> Epson flatbed scanner.  The images scanned are not clear.
>
> Please advise how to set the items on both "Basic Options" and "Scanner
> Specific Options".  Pointers would be appreciated.

Hi
To compare, you may try Xsane, the best sane frontend for me, or any
Sane frontend.

--
Maderios