[digiKam-users] {solved] Re: Digikam 6.2 beta memory leaks?

leoutation at gmx.fr leoutation at gmx.fr
Thu May 9 16:38:20 BST 2019

On 5/8/19 7:17 PM, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here a quick test on my host computer, to rebuild all finger prints
> indicate a memory allocation moving from 800Mb to 1.6Mb, depending of
> the operations done in background (visible on the console). The memory
> is allocated and free when transactions is complete to the database
> (here Mysql). The memory graph provided by the desktop (Plasma) do not
> indicate a huge memory leak. The fluctuations exists but it's
> negligible. Here the collection is huge and the computation take age.
> Image to register are JPEG, PNG, TIFF, and RAW.
>
> So, typically, it's not reproducible here.

Hi
I built last digikam-git, issue seems solved. I rebuilt fingerprints for
19.000 images. It took only 260M, certainly because i already did it
with digikam 6.1. I think, may be i'm wrong, it takes more ressources
with big files/images. This is my case. I have images (png xcf) files
bigger than 120 M
I have to say that I run lts 4.19 kernel. I upgraded it just before last
  digikam build. May be issue came from old kernel, i'll never know it...
Thanks
Greetings

--
Maderios