[digiKam-users] Even More fighting with DigiKam

James Orr jorr1948 at earthlink.net
Wed May 1 05:46:06 BST 2019

I determined that MalwareBytes had quarantined DigiKam on three
different dates. That moved the exe and the desktop shortcut out of
site. MalwareBytes did not notify me when it acted, so I was uninformed.

I did create a virtual machine with Oracle's VM Virtual Box. This turned
out to be more of a challenge than I had expected. However, I installed
DK in the new Win 10 pro environment and I copied some CR2 files to the
new environment. I was able to add new tags. I was able to add labels
for color, pick list, and star. The filter worked for each of these
attributes. Clearly my main system is blocking DigiKam from performing
its function.

I have modified Malwarebytes exclusion list for the DigiKam folder and
the SQLite Browser, and for the digikam.exe and SQLite.exe files. I also
excluded the gdb.exe, kbuildsycocoa5.exe, and the showfoto.exe files.
However, this has not opened the environment for DigiKam to function
properly. I am waiting the hear from Malwarebytes.

Any ideas for my next steps?

James M. Orr 2705 E Sussex Way Fresno, CA 93726