[digiKam-users] Date taken tag for video files

meku digikam at meku.org
Tue Mar 12 01:04:46 GMT 2019

My camera records useful information in the video container including the
camera settings and DateTimeOriginal which is the start date of filming.
According to exfitool some of this is in EXIF data and some appears to be
manufacturer specific.

ffmpeg/ffprobe does not appear to support EXIF in video containers, at
least with this manufacturer.