[digiKam-users] Date taken tag for video files

nonobio nonobio at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 09:16:43 GMT 2019

Hi,

Remco Viëtor wrote
> On jeudi 28 février 2019 09:00:26 CET nonobio wrote:
>>
>> Creation_time is the wrong : "16:24" instead of "17:24" (this last is
>> also
>> "wrong" as it is the end of the capture : see my others questions).
>>
> What is the problem with using the end of capture in your particular use
> case?
> I don't think there are many cameras that can take several videos in
> parallel,
> so the videos will always be sorted in the order in which they are
> recorded,
> even when using the 'end of recording' as creation time.

Even if you collect videos from only one device i think it have more sense
to see the "starting" date of a video instead of "finish"date; especially
when it is "long" videos : Imagine you record an event starting the 11 of
march 2019 at 20:00 and finishing at 23:00. When i browse my videos per
date, i want to see my video date displayed as  "11 march 2019 20:00"
corresponding to the beggining, not the end.

But in my case, i centralize videos taken from my family (we are 4) so i can
have videos taken in "parallel" at the same time.

Exemple :
I  record my cat sleeping from 10:00 to 10:15.
My daughter record the same thing from 10:14 to 10:20.

If my video are sorted by "finishing" date : my daughter video will come
before mine, it isn't logical.

Remco Viëtor wrote
> For the 1h offset, best check first what are the settings on the camera
> and
> your computer related to time zones. (E.g. camera set to French time,
> records
> as UTC, computer set to UTC or GMT -> you'll see the wrong time).
> If there's no time zone designation somewhere in the metadata, ffmpeg (or
> any
> other library) can only read and return the time as recorded...

I checked my android device and my windows PC where i store my videos : both
are GMT+1 (Paris).

It seems to be the same setting on my others android devices; i should check
my others video captures devices...

AndriusWild wrote
> I have similar issues with some video files.I think it has to deal with
> UTC conversion.I am 6(7) behind UTC and some videos shown with 6(7) hours
> difference.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
> --
> Sent from:
> http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/digikam-users-f1735189.html

Gilles Caulier-4 wrote
> Le jeu. 28 févr. 2019 à 09:00, nonobio <

> nonobio@

> > a écrit :
>
>> Nonobio wrote
>
>> Creation_time is the wrong : "16:24" instead of "17:24" (this last is
>> also
>> "wrong" as it is the end of the capture : see my others questions).
>>
>> So it seems to be an ffmpeg issue. Should i submit the issue to ffmpeg ?
>
>>Gilles Caulier-4 wrote
> Yes it is...
>
> Gilles Caulier

Ok, i will try to see if i find something about that on ffmpeg but if at the
end i can only get the "finishing" video date, i'm not sure i will use it.

Thanks