[digiKam-users] digiKam Windows GUI

phonograph edisso999 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 09:46:42 GMT 2019

As much as I like the features of digiKam as much do I dislike the UI -
especially the icons. AFAIK on Linux the system icon set is used in the
non-Appimage version (or in the Appimage version as well?) and there are
some icon sets which include the digiKam icons too.

Is there a way to change to icon set in the Windows version? And is there a
way to make the gui elements like buttons, sliders etc. to look more like a
native Windows application? I'm using XnViewMP on Windows too which is a QT5
application also. I don't know how Pierre did it but the program looks a lot
more "Windowy".