[digiKam-users] Workflow question

Peter Albrecht peter at crazymonkeys.de
Mon Jun 17 07:49:45 BST 2019

Hello,

I don't know the digiKam source code, but according to my experience, I would
agree: First crop, then adjust white balance or do other color operations. Since
the "pixels to calculate" is less after cropping.

You can see it clearing with "cpu intensive" operations like "local contrasts"
or "sharpen: refocus": The operations take measurably less time when operating
on a picture *after a crop* (from 4752x3168 to 1800x1350 pixels).

My workflow is:
1. rotate
2. crop
3. adjust white-balance and/or exposure

Exception: There are some operation, I think (I don't really know), which need
so work with the "original pixels" out of camera to give best results: "Enhance:
Sharpen: Refocus" or "Enhance: Lens: Distortion [correction]"

If digiKam Handbook tells the other way, maybe you could file a bug at
https://bugs.kde.org/ for "product: digikam" and "component: Documentation"

Regards,
	Peter