[digiKam-users] Are video tags writed in files or only in digikam database ?

nonobio nonobio at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 09:43:29 BST 2019

Hi :)

What i the actual state for video metadata in digikam ?

If i'm right, Digikam use now ffmpeg to deal with video metadata, but after
adding tag or rate to my videos, it seems that these informations are only
writed in xmp side file, not in the video file; even if i use "write
metadata to file" button.

Is this function planned ?

My goal is to use digikam to organize my videos : tag, rate, etc... but i
often use another application to play my videos (Kodi or Plex). The problem
is there isn't link between Digikam and Kodi/Plex : i can't found my tagged
or rated videos in these apps.

Not sure that write videos tags in videos files with digikam will be the
complete solution because for now it seems that Plex doesn't use standard
metadata...

Do you have any recommandations or do you know workaround ?
Another tagging application for video files ?
Are there others viewing applications which support xmp side files ?

Thanks