[digiKam-users] Using the Image Quality Sorter

James Orr jorr1948 at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 10 21:40:47 BST 2019

It seems odd to me that the image quality marking feature is located
under Maintenance--seems odd to me. Anyway ...

I wanted to be sure that I understand this feature, so I went to the
Tools|Maintenance window and cleared all the selections except for using
multiple cores and using the Image Quality Sorter (skip images already
scanned).  Then I selected one folder with 99 Canon CR2 raw images, and
two subfolders with TIF images: one with 33 HDR images and the other
with 2 edited images.

I left all of the default options checked under settings.

It took hours and several restarts to get through all the images.

None of the Canon RAW images were marked in any way. The others were.

Is this tool designed to skip Canon RAW images?
Is this the level of performance I should expect when using the Image
Quality Sorter?

--
James M. Orr 2705 E Sussex Way Fresno, CA 93726