[digiKam-users] Multiple tags/multiple individuals of same species

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jul 31 15:23:42 BST 2019

On mardi 30 juillet 2019 17:47:39 CEST imd17 wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am using Digicam to look at bird species. I was just wondering if anyone
> knew how to tag more than one individual in a photo? Is there a better way
> to do this than using tags?
>
> For example, it is easy to tag a single Jackdaw in a photo, but if there are
> 5 Jackdaws in the photo I can't tag it 5 times as Jackdaw which will help
> me with my analysis later.

There is a free-form field "caption". Using that in combination with the
keyword (e.g. keyword "Jackdaw", and in the caption "5 jackdaw") might do what
you want.

It also depends on what you use to do the later analysis. E.g. under linux it
isn't difficult to extract XMP tags/fields, and then analyse those with the
standard command-line tools (grep, awk, ...). Or go straight to the database
and extract the info from there.

Good luck,

Remco