[digiKam-users] Multiple simultaneous keyword entry

Northern Colorado Event Photograph no.colo.event.photog at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 14:50:42 BST 2019

Thank you for your response to my keywords question.

It's clear I didn't state that question clearly.

I am not talking about existing tags or keywords, so I can't select from an
existing list or import from some other application.

As I examine each image, I decide on keywords for that image and those
keywords belong to that image and only that image.  For example, if the
image contains people, I will enter the names of the people as keywords so
that I can search for those names at some later time.

I sometimes will also enter the location as a keyword, even though the
image GPS data provides that information and even though there is a
location field in the IPTC data.

I use the digiKam Edit Metadata window, not from the command line, and, to
reiterate, the keywords are unique to each image and keyword entry is a
time consuming task when done so one at a time for many images.

That's why I am trying to determine if there is a way to enter multiple
keywords simultaneously in digiKam.  If you happen to be familiar with
Adobe Bridge, Bridge allows this process when the keywords are separated by
commas.